MY SCHOOL BUCKS
Parents, you can now pay online for school lunches by going to the My School Bucks Website and signing up! Click here to go the the website and register now!
Juan Cabrillo Elementary School
Parent Volunteers must submit proof of a TB (Mantoux) test to the school prior to volunteering in classroms. TB tests are good for 3 years. Complete IPM Training ASAP and turn into the office. Click for IPM Flyer.
Important Information and Reminders
"Where we grow and learn together"
Cabrillo is one of 390 exemplary California public elementary schools (re)named a 2012 California Distinguished School! In order to be invited to apply for Distinguished School honors, schools must meet a variety of eligibility criteria including designated federal and state accountability measures based on the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA) and the Academic Performance Index (API) requirements. The California Distinguished School Award identifies and honors those schools that have demonstrated educational excellence for all students and progress in narrowing the achievement gap.
Cabrillo Watch D.O.G.S
- Sign up to volunteer as a Juan Cabrillo Watch D.O.G. this
January in 3 easy steps.
- Click for more information.
- Click to Watch D.O.G.S Orientation Video
Links to websites students can use at home: Powerpoint
1) You can pay for your child's lunches on-line at my school bucks.
2) Make sure to put child's name on outerwear (Sweatshirt/Jackets).
3) If your child is absent, please call Lupe at 310-725-5436 or email her at LMontalvan@wiseburn.k12.ca.us. Give child's name, Rm. # or Teacher & reason
they are out. Attendance should be called in daily.
Cabrillo Parking Lot Protocol
1) When dropping off children in the valet line, please remember this is just a drop off. If you like to watch your child walk in through the gate, you need to park & walk them up.
2) If there is a line please wait your turn, you should not be pulling in front of cars already in line to drop off their children.
3) Please do not let children walk through parking lot unaccompanied.
4) Please be courteous and do not use the north side of the parking lot marked for staff to park, this section is for Staff only. If you are volunteering please park on south side of parking lot or on street.
Conference Period / Shortened Day Schedule
- Tedde to 2nd Grade Students
December 8–19 & March 23-27
Tedde/Kdgn. 8:20 a.m. – 12:20 p.m.
1st & 2nd Gr. – 8:45 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Tedde/Kdgn. Shortened Day Schedule
8:20 a.m. – 12:20 p.m.
June 15 – Last Day of School
Tedde/Kdgn. 8:20 – 11:30 a.m.
1st & 2nd Gr. 8:45 – 11:55 a.m.
A California Distinguished School
Juan Cabrillo Elementary was founded in 1949. It is one of the four elementary schools in the Wiseburn School District in the city of Hawthorne, California.
After almost sixty years of service, the original structure of Juan Cabrillo Elementary was demolished in July of 2007 in order to make way for the district’s newest and most technologically advanced school. The new facilities opened in January of 2009.
About Our School
LOST AND FOUND
We have an over abundance of jackets/sweaters & lunch boxes in the Cabrillo office. Please check before Spring Break if your child is missing any outerwear.
Your child needs to be fever free 24 hours without medication before returning to school.
After School Theatre Program Open to Kdng. 1st, and 2nd grade.